Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Challenge #2

It's that time of the week again.  Time to put up the new challenge for the week.  For Challenge #2 your mission is, (if you choose to accept it LOL....)  organize brads, buttons, flowers, and hardware.  Something to think about as you are doing this.....do you like to take your embellishments with you to crops? If you do, make sure that they are in something that will travel well.  A container that would snap shut for example.  If you are not traveling with them...it may not be as important.  Don't forget to label the container! I have most of my brads containerized, sorted by color and size.  My flowers are in a drawer in my scrap room....not very easily traveled.  I may have to do something there.  Buttons are in a container....now I will have to tackle the hardware.....another whole story there.  (Kinda like my bling!)   I will post my accomplishments later this week! Let me know what your plans to store them are or how you now have them organized. Have a great week!

News Flash...just in...Julie J is smokin us all!! She just sent me uploads for Challenge 2 and 3!....Here is her Challenge 2...









2 comments:

  1. Now this one - I'm proud of. Hope you can post pictures that I take of this challenge. This I finally have organized and again, my top priority, grab 'n go - mobile on a moments notice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buttons are assorted by color and put into zip loc baggies and are in a stampin' up plastic container - exact same as my bling.

    Brads/eyelets/snaps: Again, I take them out of the store-bought package to condense and save room. I have these assorted by color and have them in a plastic container with 18 slots..snaps of yellow/orange in one slot, brads of pink/red in another, eyelets of blue/turquoise in another. It may take a tiny bit longer to match and use tweezers to pick them out, but not any longer if they were all in their store-bought packages and I had tons of stuff to sort thru and then have to take them out of those packages.

    The rest of my treasures are stored in a container from Menards. Granted, Michaels has a really cute pink and purple one, but the one I got is an unattractive gray and beige, but twice the size and half the price - so in my eyes, it's beautiful! Under the top lid are my markers/smooch/stickles, but today we talk about the bottom 4 drawers. Each plastic container has 19 slots. The top drawer contains flowers, colored mini safety pins, garden charms, and brads with colored jewels. The 2nd drawer contains spiral clips, mini mirrors, giant brads, metal letters, wiggle eyes, mini envelopes, words on metal and plastic, mini tags, and metal circles/squares. 3rd drawer mostly Christmas embellishments of giant brads, snowflakes, tree brads, etc. The 4th drawer is hardware - antique colors of brads, eyelets, ribbon buckles, clips, etc.

    It's great to hear someone yell out for something at a retreat and be able to pull out a plastic container and let them rummage thru it until they find the perfect embellishment....like the teeny tiny flowers Kathy was able to use to fill the basket on her bike on a layout she did at Adams! :-)

    ReplyDelete